Keeping Up With The Jacksons

What you wanted to know to stay-up-to-date with us Crazy Jacksons!

Busy Weekend

By Sunday, June 10, 2012 , ,


Whew! What a fun and busy weekend.

Yesterday, we packed up the car and the kids and drove the 2 1/2 hours to Jacksonville, FL. It's actually closer to 2 hours but who's counting? ;) We were off to see a really good friend graduate from college with her second Bachelor's degree. Talk about motivating and inspiring. We met up with her family before the graduation and sat with them. They have 2 1/2 yr old daughter and her Dylan played together like never left each other. Little would you realize it's been about 7 months since we saw them last right before they moved to Jacksonville, NC. 



Yup, that's my goofy husband. Gotta love him! Unfortunately, shortly after the graduation was over we head back home. TJ had to work and I still had to stop at Target to pick up a baby shower gift for the baby shower I had today! By the time we got home and the kids settled into bed, I felt like this:



All that driving and being non-stop can wear you out. I took yesterday as a rest day, although there was a fair amount of walking from the parking garage, the arena where the graduation was held, finding seats. Can I count that? LOL!

This morning, I woke up still a bit tired. One day, Jordyn will decided to sleep later than 6:40. haha. But, we were up for the day.

The day was started off with an egg and laughing cow cheese on a 100 calorie english muffin. I have really been into these lately. And so is Jordyn. She watches me make them and is right next time when it's time to eat, hoping I'll share. 


Once breakfast was done, it was off to spend some quality time with the kiddos before heading to Beaufort for a baby shower.

The baby shower was held at a local restaurant Beaufort called SandBar & Grill. It wasn't too bad. I'm told they have amazing sweet potato fries but we didn't have those. Just a few appetizers and some finger foods we brought. The theme at the restaurant is a beach theme which went perfect with the theme of the baby shower, the beach!




We started the shower with a really fun and hilarious game. You had to draw a picture of a baby on a paper plate (or you could use paper) while the paper is on your head. I've heard of the game before but never played it or been to a shower that has played it. It was very entertaining. 


We played several more games, open presents and before everyone left, they each wrote a tip or piece of advice on a small piece of paper and rolled it up and stuck it in a bottle, like a message in a bottle. 





As always, it was a fabulous time in Beaufort with my Beaufort ladies!


And one last thing I want to share: a family photo from the graduation. I love my family and take the opportunity to get a family picture whenever I can.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for voicing your thoughts.