Keeping Up With The Jacksons

What you wanted to know to stay-up-to-date with us Crazy Jacksons!

Jordyn is 4 (Part 1)!!!

By Saturday, February 21, 2015 ,

Four!! As in 1-2-3-4! I can't believe this sweet little girl is 4. Time has flown by and we couldn't be more blessed to be Jordyn's parents. She knows how to make us laugh and smile and definitely keeps us on our toes.



This post was originally going to be a short little post saying that today is her birthday and all the sweet things I wanted to say about her, but her birthday is over so, now I can share what we did for her birthday. Oops! Bad blogger, but hey at least I'm not months behind. It still is her birthday month.

This year I had to work on Jordyn's birthday (boo!) and TJ had class in the morning and in the evening (double boo!). Before taking her to the babysitter, I thought I would take her birthday picture. We do this every year and this year she had fun with it.






As soon as I got home though, TJ left for class, I asked what she wanted to do. She chose the library and Chick-fil-A, so off we went. I let the kids pick out some books and for the first time, check their own books out. They thought that was pretty cool.

Then we headed to Chick-fil-A. We got there and Jordyn kept asking where the cow was. I told her maybe he was at another Chick-fil-A but that was working with her, and a sweet lady told her that maybe he needed to go home and take of his family. Excited to have someone new talk to her, she proceeded to tell her today was her birthday and that she was 4. The lady told her "Happy Birthday" and gave her a high 5.

When it was our turn to order, the teenager behind the counter asked for a name for the order. We used Jordyn's and of course Jordyn had to tell this guy that it was her birthday. He tells us our total and as I'm getting out the money he says, "You know what? This is on me today," and hands me a magnet with his name on it that says, "Happy Valentine's Day!" Apparently, Chick-fil-A has given each employee (or at least the cashiers) a magnet that they can randomly give to a customer for a free meal. I was shocked and grateful. I had no idea they were doing that. I felt so blessed. It wasn't much but it's the little things in life.



After playing at Chick-fil-A for a while, we headed home to wait for TJ so Jordyn could open her gifts. She of coursed loved them all but it was her Taylor Swift that was the clear winner of the night. Just look at the excitement in her face.


And of course the night couldn't be complete without some singing and dancing to her favorite Taylor Swift song.


Before this post gets too ridicously long, I'm going to stop here and make this Part 1. Part 2 will continue her birthday celebration with Mimi (aka my mom) coming into town to visit.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for voicing your thoughts.